By now you would have heard the news that Netflix is ordering a brand new, albeit short, season of Gilmore Girls. And AMEN Netflix, AMEN. Fans have been campaigning hard for a long time and we are finally getting it people! Scott Patterson, it appears, was on to something when he spoke about wanting a new series at Oz Comic Con this year (for more details click here). So, with all that in mind, what are we at Cactus Pop, wanting to see in this new season?
1. Those four little words. Yes four. Amy Sherman-Palladino has said that she always intended to end Gilmore Girls with four particular words. We can’t wait to hear what they are! Any ideas? “Let’s go get coffee”…?
2. Luke and Lorelai finally getting hitched. In flashback or present day, either way, we want a wedding! We’ve had seven seasons of them dancing around each other and we almost got a wedding. Luke and Lorelai were on the outs for all of Season 7 until Luke made the ultimate grand gesture – throwing an epic going away party for Rory. Luke and Lorelai made up but then the series was over a split second later. So we need to see the rest of the happy ending.
3. Just who does Rory end up with in the end? Please. Please. Not a new guy. It needs to be someone from the previous seasons. Maybe she gets back together with Jess? #TeamJess
4. We would love to see Hep Alien (Lane Kim’s band) perform a tune. Maybe they are still rocking out? Or maybe they have disbanded? Either way it would be great to see them come together for a song or two. And that includes Gil whose hair is something to behold. They did a great rendition of “Where You Lead” at the ATX Festival – we would love to see a replay in Season 8.
5. We all know that Dean was a floppy-haired jerk and Tristan was an obnoxious playboy, but wouldn’t it be great to see what they are up to now? Fingers crossed they make a cameo in the new season.
6. Kirk. He’s one of our favourite characters. From DSL installer, to inspirational filmmaker, Kirk has a zillion jobs and we can’t wait to see what he is up to now.
7. Will Amy decide to pay tribute to the late Edward Herrmann in this season? His absence will surely be felt by cast and fans alike so we are expecting at least one tearjerking scene!
8. Sookie needs to be in it. Come on Melissa McCarthy! I am talking to you!! Clear that schedule – Lorelai can’t be without her bestie.
9. Paris and Doyle – they have got to still be together right? I feel like they are living in suburbia with a bunch of kids.
10. Some kind of new and awesome Stars Hollow town event. Or at the very least, a town meeting or two. Long live Taylor Doose and his elbow patches!