Well, Comic Con season is all but over for another season. We were lucky enough to make it to Oz Comic Con (read our posts here and here), and scoured the internet for news from the big kahuna San Diego Comic Con. SDCC is definitely at the top of our bucket list!
So with that in mind, we got to thinking: if we could put together our own dream panel of five celebrities, who would they be?
My dream panel ended up being all female – specifically strong, leading women from some of my favourite past shows! I didn’t just pick them because I would love to hear their awesome stories from back in the day but because I think their interactions with each other would be epic.
1. Kristen Bell – Veronica Mars (Veronica Mars)
Veronica Mars is smarter than me. I just love her so much!
2. Sarah Michelle Gellar – Buffy Summers (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
My Buffy obsession was so intense in high school that I had my Mum cross stitch SMG’s face onto a throw pillow for my room.
3. Shiri Appleby – Liz Parker (Roswell)
Dream cosplay: Crashdown Cafe waitress! ‘Nuff said.
4. Melissa Joan Hart – Sabrina Spellman (Sabrina the Teenage Witch)
I could ask her about Sabrina or one of her many fantastic movie roles including: Drive Me Crazy, Can’t Hardly Wait and Holiday in Handcuffs.
5. Fran Drescher – Fran Fine (The Nanny)
This Yiddish queen was one of the funniest women on television! Plus stylish – she looked fierce in a pair of black tights.
1. A (Pretty Little Liars)
Yes. I know. They don’t technically exist, but I really, really, really want to know who A is! It’s been too many seasons of mystery. When they are revealed, I want them on my panel.
2. Sophia Bush (One Tree Hill, Chicago PD)
I loved her as Brooke Davis on One Tree Hill and now I love her as Erin Lindsay on Chicago PD. She plays such tough female characters. And in real life she peppers my Instagram feed with inspirational stuff every day. She uses her fame for a good cause and that’s a nice change.
3. Jamie Camil – Rogelio de la Vega (Jane the Virgin)
If Rogelio, the character, could appear at my panel, that would be great. He is absolutely hilarious!
4. Emily Bett Rickards – Felicity Smoak (Arrow)
Felicity is one of my favourite characters and wears excellent clothes.
5. Spencer Pratt (The Hills)
Strange choice perhaps, but there’s a part of me that really wants to see him in person, and see if he really is as big a jerk as he seems on TV.
I’ve always been a sucker for bad boys, so my dream Comic Con panel is made up of my favourite TV bad boys.
1. David Anders – Sark (Alias)
David Anders was born to play the role of a villain. He has perfected his bad-boy swagger down to a tee.
What I would ask him: What was your favourite Sydney/Sark scene to shoot?
2. Joshua Jackson – Pacey (Dawson’s Creek)
Pacey wasn’t a traditional bad boy but he was pretty bad compared to straight-laced Dawson. Plus he did sleep with his teacher that one time.
What I would ask him: Did you keep any of Pacey’s shirts?
3. Milo Ventimiglia – Jess (Gilmore Girls)
Jess Mariano. I have no words to describe his perfection. In my mind, he was always meant to be the end game for Rory.
What I would ask him: What was it like shooting the scene when Luke pushed you into the lake? / What was your favourite Stars Hollow town event?
4. David Boreanaz – Angel (Buffy the Vampire Slayer / Angel)
The Angel/Angelus transformation was devasting to watch on Buffy. However, in retrospect Angel was much more interesting as Angelus.
What I would ask him: You’ve played the good guy and the evil villain, which do you prefer?
5. Jason Dohring – Logan Echolls (Veronica Mars)
Even though he was the obligatory psychotic jackass, you still can’t help but love Logan Echolls.
What I would ask him: What is your favourite inspirational message of the day?
1. Benedict Cumberbatch – Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock)
The absolute top of my list. Although I don’t think I would be able to meet him in person – who knows what would come out of my mouth.
2. Richard Armitage – Mr Thornton (North and South) and Thorin Oakenshield (The Hobbit)
I could listen to him talk all day and he is easy on the eyes too!
3. Bradley James – King Arthur (Merlin)
Yes I am a huge Merlin fan! And Bradley seems like a lot of fun.
4. Amy Poehler – Leslie Knope (Parks and Recreation)
No dream panel is complete without Amy. I absolutely love Parks and Rec and she would be hilarious.
5. Jim Rash – Craig Pelton (Community)
Hopefully in costume as something ridiculous.
Who would be in your dream panel? Comment below!